The Contemporary Art Music Project (CAMP) is proud to host its third annual festival, CAMPGround24, in Tampa Bay, FL. CAMP is pleased to present a new event featuring comprehensive, multi-disciplinary installation work at Tampa’s art gallery, Tempus Projects. (https://www.tempus-projects.com) CAMP is looking for proposals of installations of any theme or concept. Proposals should succinctly describe the intent of the installation and describe it as completely as possible. They should also delineate all materials required for the production of the installation. Featured CAMP performers are available to play any music required for the installation.
• Roughly 35’x40’ (10.7m x 12.2m) of usable space
• White walls
• Three (3) projectors available for use at venue
• Stereophonic PA system available for use at venue
• This call is open to all composers regardless of age, gender, or nationality. Those belonging to disadvantaged or underrepresented ethnic groups are especially encouraged to apply.
• Artists can submit one (1) detailed proposal outlining the production and needs of their installation. A non-refundable application fee of $20USD is required with the submission.
• Selected participants are required to attend the festival.
• The Contemporary Art Music Project is NOT responsible for providing or reimbursing any travel or lodging expenses for selected participants and their performers. Official letters of invitation will be provided upon request to help secure funding from grants or institutions that a participant may be affiliated with. However, if you are a student composer, you are qualified to receive free lodging for the entire duration of the festival.
• If selected, a registration fee of $75USD will be due by December 31, 2023 to secure participation in the festival. Failure to pay this fee will result in forfeiting your spot to the next applicant on the waitlist.
• Selected composers MUST register and attend the entire festival. If selected, participants must confirm their attendance by January 31, 2024. The registration fee becomes non-refundable after January 31, 2024.
• Proposed installations may be pre-existing or new in conception.
• Works integrating various forms of art/media are encouraged.
• Installations of any style, aesthetic, and approach are accepted.
• Installations may be static or dynamic. If there is an intended sequence of events, please plan to limit this to 60 minutes.
• Installations will be given one (1) day to set up and one (1) day to tear down.
• Artists may provide their own performers/materials/tech/etc. Components that need to
be provided by CAMP must be clearly defined and itemized. The feasibility of providing these components will be considered in the adjudication process.
• Proposals must be uploaded as a PDF file.
Details are available at web pages: