Casa Della Musica San Michele, Italy
Dates: 26 June -1 July 2023 (6 days)
The course is open to professional percussionists, composers, conservatory students of all levels, chamber music ensembles dedicated to the contemporary repertoire, multimedia artists, improvisers and instrumentalists of all kinds, with no age limits; a short but intense deep-dive into the increasingly diverse landscape of composed, improvised and experimental percussion performed, framed by rehearsals, masterclasses, discussions, presentations, collaborations and performances.
What the course offers
* Performances of collaborative creations, both made at the festival and finished in advance
* Repertoire concert featuring relevant and current aesthetics in contemporary percussion
* Individual lessons (percussion and/or composition), coached rehearsals
* Lectures and workshops
* Tailored one-to-one sessions depending on the specific needs of the participant
* Documentation of performances
* Depending on the number of applications, instruments can/will be provided.
* To discover an overview of the current state of contemporary music aesthetics
* To discuss and define a historical context of percussion
* Develop strategies for musical interpretation and collaboration, especially with regards to “object music”
* Expand one’s musical network
The course will be fully developed over the winter and spring of 2023, with the program and performances being defined in collaboration with the potential participants of the course. The course will be adapted to the number of applicants and their ability level and repertoire choices/wishes.
For percussionists, a solo piece (or more) is requested and will be workshopped with the tutors as well as performed in a concert. For composers, there will be the possibility of discussing one’s works with the tutors, work on the electronics and propose/participate in collaborative projects, to be performed on the last day. For other figures, the course program will be discussed on the participant’s needs.
Details are available at web pages: