The CONTEMPORARY ART MUSIC PROJECT(CAMP) calls for acoustic and electroacoustic works and installation proposals for CAMP’s international new music festival CAMPGround24. CAMP hosts its third annual festival, CAMPGround24, in Tampa Bay, FL. CAMP welcomes compositions in any style, performance medium, and aesthetic. CAMPGround24 proudly presents performers Arda Cabaoglu (trumpet), Julianna Eidle (flute), Jamie Jordan (soprano), Kevin von Kampen (percussion), Eunmi Ko (piano), Sebastian Stefanovic (viola), Laura Usiskin (cello), Sini Virtanen (violin), and Project Fusion Saxophone Quartet. The festival’s partners and collaborators include Tampa City Ballet (https://www.tampacityballet.org), art gallery Tempus Projects (https://www.tempus-projects.com/), and youth literary arts collective Heard’Em Say (https://www.heardemsay.org)
Selected composers will be informed individually no later than November 30, 2023. If selected, the festival registration fee of $75USD is due by December 31, 2023. This fee becomes non-refundable on January 31, 2024.
CAMP offers all selected student composers lodging (shared house) for the entire duration of the festival. Also, we recruit student composers to assist CAMPGround24’s technical director during the festival.
• FESTIVAL DATES: March 14-16, 2024
• FESTIVAL LOCATIONS: Tempus Projects (Kress Arts Building, Ybor), Friday Morning
Musicale (Tampa), CAMPGround (Tampa)
• This call is open to all composers regardless of age, gender, or nationality. Those belonging to disadvantaged or underrepresented ethnic groups are especially encouraged to apply.
• Composers can submit up to two (2) works. A $10USD non-refundable entry fee is required for each submitted work (up to $20USD).
• Selected participants are required to attend the festival.
• The Contemporary Art Music Project is NOT responsible for providing or reimbursing any travel or lodging expenses for selected participants and their performers. Official letters of invitation will be provided upon request to help secure funding from grants or institutions that a participant may be affiliated with. However, if you are a student composer, you are qualified to receive free lodging for the entire duration of the festival.
• If selected, a registration fee of $75USD will be due by December 31, 2023 to secure participation in the festival. Failure to pay this fee will result in forfeiting your spot to the next applicant on the wait list.
• Selected composers MUST register and attend the entire festival. If selected, participants must confirm their attendance by January 31, 2024. The registration fee becomes non-refundable after January 31, 2024.
Details are available at web pages: